[13 Dec 09] This idea was moronic.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

[13 Dec 09] This idea was moronic.

Postby bunnyThor » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:15 pm

Aggie, Aggie, Aggie.

Duane and Charlotte are not analogous to your situation. Duane and Charlotte's relationship started because they had a strong interest in common. You have nothing in common with Xena other than age, location, and gonads.

Face. Palm.
bunnyThor

Postby Michael Ezra » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:22 pm

Looks like Xena's the real deal, as most people voted in the poll. Ah well. I suppose if T had made her more sympathetic or well-rounded, people would've accused him of going all Tom Cruise. Can't please everyone.

I do wonder, though, how she made it to junior year if she insisted on seeing her school curriculum entirely through Scientologist eyes. Maybe she (or her parents) follow a "play by their rules until graduation" philosophy as Charlotte's mother does.

Also, what exactly is in that textbook that Duane and Charlotte find so funny?
Michael Ezra

Postby retrophrenologist » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:34 pm

I'm interested in Penny's assumption that Stan is 'jerking Brandi around' in the first panel. Well, yes, Penny, we know that Stan is attracted to you. But is it really so unthinkable that he would choose Brandi over you?
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Re: [13 Dec 09] This idea was moronic.

Postby jk9000 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:38 pm

bunnyThor wrote:Aggie, Aggie, Aggie.

Duane and Charlotte are not analogous to your situation. Duane and Charlotte's relationship started because they had a strong interest in common. You have nothing in common with Xena other than age, location, and gonads.

Face. Palm.

Well, we don't actually know that, do we? Xena's spoken all of seven sentences. It's a bit early to act like we have an accurate grasp of her complete character.

That said, I'd agree there's a very low probability of any effort spent establishing a good relationship with Xena is going to pay off. I wouldn't blame her for ducking out now.
jk9000

Postby dianekikiula » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:49 pm

Well, at least Charlotte and Duane are happy. I wonder what Brandi is going to add to this circus.
Evil Ben wrote:Diane, <snip> You rock, you librarian, you :D
Alice Macher wrote:...I love you. ♥
Freemage wrote:Best. Euphemism. Ever.
dianekikiula

Postby bunnyThor » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:53 pm

dianekikiula wrote:Well, at least Charlotte and Duane are happy. I wonder what Brandi is going to add to this circus.

I don't know. She's calling out Stan's name, but she's rushing right by them and pointing off into the distance. Did she lose her sight since we saw her last? Maybe that's why she's so angry.
bunnyThor

Postby Scrivener » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:04 pm

bunnyThor wrote:
dianekikiula wrote:Well, at least Charlotte and Duane are happy. I wonder what Brandi is going to add to this circus.

I don't know. She's calling out Stan's name, but she's rushing right by them and pointing off into the distance. Did she lose her sight since we saw her last? Maybe that's why she's so angry.

She's gone blind from the rage.
Scrivener

Postby NCallahan » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:20 pm

Michael Ezra wrote:Also, what exactly is in that textbook that Duane and Charlotte find so funny?

Anything involving Cicero, Ben Franklin, or the French.

The French are awesome!
NCallahan

Postby Stratburst » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Yes, Aggie needs to run for the hills really, really fast. At least Charlotte had her assumptions shaken before she hooked up with Duane. Scientology Girl just wants to bring everybody over to get audited; she has no reason to doubt her beliefs.
Papuasblya wrote:Oh, Stratty, you made me get my heart meds re-calibrated...
Stratburst

Postby JackFairy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:33 pm

retrophrenologist wrote:I'm interested in Penny's assumption that Stan is 'jerking Brandi around' in the first panel. Well, yes, Penny, we know that Stan is attracted to you. But is it really so unthinkable that he would choose Brandi over you?

My read on it is that while "I can't believe he'd choose another girl over me!" is a strong subconscious motivating factor, consciously Penny really is thinking she's looking out for Brandi's interests. As in, to her it looks like just before getting serious with Brandi, Stan was kissing another girl, and in general is a player--so something doesn't add up. Ie, she doesn't trust that his motives are what he says they are. And in truth, they aren't quite.
JackFairy

Postby NobodySpecial » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:42 pm

I'm thinking Stan just stepped in it, because 'extra benefits' without a 'press release' doesn't play well with Brandi's 'me-sexual'.

And I'm apologizing for thinking T. might have done some lazy writing. Aggie's taking her lessons to heart after all.
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll
NobodySpecial

Postby retrophrenologist » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:51 pm

JackFairy wrote:My read on it is that while "I can't believe he'd choose another girl over me!" is a strong subconscious motivating factor, consciously Penny really is thinking she's looking out for Brandi's interests. As in, to her it looks like just before getting serious with Brandi, Stan was kissing another girl, and in general is a player--so something doesn't add up. Ie, she doesn't trust that his motives are what he says they are. And in truth, they aren't quite.

Yes, i thought the same thing. From what I've seen so far, Penny truly believes that Stan is being insincere with Brandi, because she's always been the alpha wolf, the Queen Bee, the pursued rather than the pursuer. At some level, she truly can't believe that Stan would genuinely prefer to be with Brandi.
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Re: [13 Dec 09] This idea was moronic.

Postby Rhodesaw » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:00 am

bunnyThor wrote:Aggie, Aggie, Aggie.

Face. Palm.

It could be that rather than looking at the relationship, she's looking at the fact that Duane listened to Charlotte. She'd just thought "This girl doesn't need someone to listen, she needs a padded cell" and then, when she saw Charlotte and Duane walking by, she realized that she was in the wrong by thinking that.
Rhodesaw

Postby Rayeine » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:26 am

But Brandi used to fear Penny. Remember the shirt modeling gig?
Michael Ezra wrote: :D I love you Raye!

TCampbell wrote:
Lisa has had dates...So that could be Rayeine, why not.

Word of god, y'all.
Rayeine

Postby AmronAroke » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:22 am

Xena is....
..interesting? we can hope?

I think Scientology is about the ONLY organized religion (yah, i cant believe i called it that either) that i havent had any kind of contact with. with L. Roy Dullard's....er..that is to Say L. Ron Hubbard's take on religion being teh work of alien ghosts brainwashed and then blown up by an H-bomb to solve an intergalactic housing crisis, all i gotta say is: 'wow...if you believe that...can i interest you in my take? i have serious need of cash and you dont seem to need yours in the slightest'

when the first words out of this girls mouth makes her sound like a crazy psycho, its no wonder aggie had the reaction she did. who knows, maybe she's playing up the wierdness factor just to psych aggie out. but if she's this die-hard a scientologist, id be for listening to the warning bells going off in the back of her head.

and yes, i freely admit to being one of the folks who wont give scientology a fair shake, when its founder admits to being a scam, runs off with millions of dollars from his 'church' and lives in exile on the run while laughing at those he's duped...i dont see the reasoning TO give it a fair shake. the fact that his church survived his passing fairly boggles the mind. and im sorry to have offended anyone here who may be a scientologist, but yah. i stand by my words.
sorry.
Jason

Quick edit: when i say 'no contact with' i mean that outside of understanding basic common knowledge, I have no contact with people in, affiliated with, or support the church of scientology at all.
Last edited by AmronAroke on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Its the new Jason, with KITTY HUGGING ACTION!!!"

yah...amron haz a kitty..deal with it.
AmronAroke

Next

Return to General Discussion