[2-28-11] I am WAY smexier than Penny.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Postby Spitewitch » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:29 pm

Mec wrote:Next arc: based on Meat Loaf's epic first album "Bat Out of Hell".

Cover picture and title song: Fred, bulked up, oiled down, awesome blond hair, blasting that superbike out of the cemetery against a sky of blood. And he's proving the Riemann Hypothesis while he's doing it. (That last part is not on the album, it's just fan service. For me.)

After that, a duet of "You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth" with Penny and Aggie.

'Heaven can Wait" by Jack.

"All Revved Up With No Place To Go" by Brandi.

"Two out of Three Ain't Bad" by Stan.

"Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by ... Sara and Daphne (?)

"For Crying Out Loud" by ... Charisma (?)

(Why, yes, I do enjoy melodrama.)

Needs more Wagner.
Spitewitch

Postby CBrachyrhynchos » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Mec wrote:Next arc: based on Meat Loaf's epic first album "Bat Out of Hell".

Cover picture and title song: Fred, bulked up, oiled down, awesome blond hair, blasting that superbike out of the cemetery against a sky of blood. And he's proving the Riemann Hypothesis while he's doing it. (That last part is not on the album, it's just fan service. For me.)

After that, a duet of "You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth" with Penny and Aggie.

'Heaven can Wait" by Jack.

"All Revved Up With No Place To Go" by Brandi.

"Two out of Three Ain't Bad" by Stan.

"Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by ... Sara and Daphne (?)

"For Crying Out Loud" by ... Charisma (?)

(Why, yes, I do enjoy melodrama.)

You know, I've always wanted to do a Meatloaf cover band. With the vocal parts done by a drag king and queen.
CBrachyrhynchos

Postby showler » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Alice Macher wrote:Penny having a conversation with Sara about The Kiss, to parallel/contrast the one Aggie just had with Lisa? Or would that be too predictable for T?
This would be the obvious one, and sometimes being somewhat predictable is necessary for a story to have a structure.

On the other hand, if he has several other conversation type scenes in mind he could easily leave Penny's conversation till the end of the sequence in order to bookend with Aggie's and increase the anticipation that way. That could also allow him to follow up Penny's conversation with a next day Penny/Aggie scene.

At this point I'd actually prefer for him to continue Aggie and Lisa's conversation and maybe clear up the "safe? SAFE?" comment.
showler

Postby Harkel Tu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:20 pm

as I said like two or three pages ago, my guess is that the next page will be a conversation between Penny and Sara, with friday's being that stereotypical one where Aggie's conversation with Lisa is on the left and Penny's Conversation with Sara is on the right, and they're continuing each other's sentences panel to panel, culminating in that one last dual panel where they say the same thing at the exact same time from different locations.

You know, romantic stuff like that.
I reject your rejection, and replicate my own!

From my personal experience, I find that even criticism and insults are far more preferable than a denial of existence.
Harkel Tu

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:29 pm

I predict that the thirteenth word from the end will be "the".
Bo Lindbergh

Postby TCampbell » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:55 pm

Bo Lindbergh wrote:I predict that the thirteenth word from the end will be "the".

Correct!
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Spitewitch » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:58 pm

TCampbell wrote:
Bo Lindbergh wrote:I predict that the thirteenth word from the end will be "the".

Correct!

...tease.
Spitewitch

Postby Aydr » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Harkel Tu wrote:as I said like two or three pages ago, my guess is that the next page will be a conversation between Penny and Sara, with friday's being that stereotypical one where Aggie's conversation with Lisa is on the left and Penny's Conversation with Sara is on the right, and they're continuing each other's sentences panel to panel, culminating in that one last dual panel where they say the same thing at the exact same time from different locations.

You know, romantic stuff like that.

This should happen.

Except while Aggie's going on about how strange and wonderful it was Penny is disgusted with herself and wondering why she drank that stupid 4loko her mom threw away.
Aydr

Postby Harkel Tu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 pm

TCampbell wrote:

Correct!

I must applaud your skills of clairvoyance. that and your ability to read the comic and then post immediatly after xD
I reject your rejection, and replicate my own!

From my personal experience, I find that even criticism and insults are far more preferable than a denial of existence.
Harkel Tu

Postby showler » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:20 pm

It appears my Curly Wurly fantasy wasn't as far off as I thought.
showler

Previous

Return to General Discussion