Predictions & what you want to see?

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Predictions & what you want to see?

Postby Lamington » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:34 pm

Now the popsicle war is coming towards its close; is there anything you want to see happen in the final / second last chapter?

Personally I want to see Aggie, either at the start or an end of a conversation with Marshall, saying "You know nothing about my mother." Or something to that effect.
Lamington

Re: Predictions & what you want to see?

Postby ks_claw » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:11 pm

Lamington wrote:Personally I want to see Aggie, either at the start or an end of a conversation with Marshall, saying "You know nothing about my mother." Or something to that effect.

I second that. Marshall needs a serious kick in the ass, verbal or otherwise for his "your parents would be ashamed of you" bitchfit.
Insanity is for amateurs
ks_claw

Postby Freemage » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:56 pm

*Off-key, arythmic sing-song*

"Char-lotte and Mar-shall
Sittin' in the tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes love,
Then comes marriage
Then comes a baby who will single-handedly set a record for appearances in psychological journals."

:twisted:
T. Campbell (yeah, HIM) wrote:If Freemage did not exist, it might have been necessary to invent him.

dianekikiula wrote:My sig is jealous of your sig now. :P
Valerie wrote:
I'm leaving Paps for you.
Freemage, do you have a fanclub yet, and can I please join?
Freemage

Postby lackofheart » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:10 pm

I want Karen to get dumped - and not just by Marshall. I want everyone to realize what she's so viciously orchestrated and leave her in the dust. I want Charlotte to finally have some karmic retribution for her vicious lies - and perhaps realize that yes, she does have serious problems and is in need of help. Sam needs to be told off for her racist crap and grow half a brain (but I doubt that will happen). And yes, I want Marshall to get a clue. He's not a bad guy, he just needs something to push him along.

As for predictions? I don't know, T has a habit of throwing some loops here and there. Seriously, though, I hope the end of the IG is freakin' satisfying after how long it's taken to get to this point. (Not that I mind the length, per se, but what's the point of having a big story with a needlessly understated conclusion?)
The Angels have the phone box.
lackofheart

Re: Predictions & what you want to see?

Postby Sebastian » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:44 pm

ks_claw wrote:
Lamington wrote:Personally I want to see Aggie, either at the start or an end of a conversation with Marshall, saying "You know nothing about my mother." Or something to that effect.

I second that. Marshall needs a serious kick in the ass, verbal or otherwise for his "your parents would be ashamed of you" bitchfit.

Agree, but I wish that metaphorical kick come from Nick rather than from Aggie.
Sebastian

Postby Evil Ben » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:51 pm

I want to see marshall dump Karen,
then go to Aggie to "seek solace."
Only to have Aggie tell him
"I bared my sole to you and you spat on me.
You had your chance and blew it." Just as Penny
comes out the door. And then Aggie says "and all
that stuff Karen fed you about Penny? Lies."
"It does what it's told." ~Peggy Dodson
Evil Ben

Postby dianekikiula » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:55 pm

Mmmm, so many good ideas. To mix them together: Karen gets dumped by all; Marshall seeks solace in Aggie, who tells him off; then Marshall seeks solace in Charlotte who seems really interested in him ... and they both get what they deserve when they have,
Freemage wrote:a baby who will single-handedly set a record for appearances in psychological journals.

Oh, and Cyndi continues to plot the conquest of the world.
Evil Ben wrote:Diane, <snip> You rock, you librarian, you :D
Alice Macher wrote:...I love you. ♥
Freemage wrote:Best. Euphemism. Ever.
dianekikiula

Postby Sloth#? » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:48 am

1) See what Karen's school is like (I'm starting to wonder if she's homeschooled)
2) Marshall getting drunk/drugged by something intended for Duane, and revealing supressed homosexual tendancies.
3) More Helen getting drunk and sexy.
4) Rich returning
5) Rich and Helen eloping.
6) Lesbian rape. Especially involving Charlotte.
7) More satanic principal. And cowbell.
8) Aggie's dad gets a haircut.
9) Penny's dad revealed to be Marshall's father.
10) Penny gets a job at Starbucks, with foreshadowing that she'll eventually get turned into a cyborg.
When life gives you harlequins, make harlequinade!

This is more fun than the time I went to the 69th Bi-annual Nymphomaniacs Convention!
Sloth#?

Postby JerrBear » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:42 am

Sloth#? wrote:1) See what Karen's school is like (I'm starting to wonder if she's homeschooled)
2) Marshall getting drunk/drugged by something intended for Duane, and revealing supressed homosexual tendancies.
4) Rich returning
9) Penny's dad revealed to be Rich's father. Hilarity and a two-headed baby ensues.
10) Penny gets a job at Starbucks, with foreshadowing that she'll eventually get turned into a cyborg.

Fixed it for you!
Freemage wrote:Jerrbear: Thank you, for establishing once and for all, why Lesbians Are Hot. :P

Michael Ezra wrote:...Seriously, a MANNEQUIN? At this time, I can't help but recall JerrBear's words
JerrBear

Postby LaurenF714 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:43 am

I would honestly love to see Duane get some lovin. Like, real lovin. We know the IG is going to toy with his emotions in the upcoming arc, but he seems to really get the shit end of things, and he's an interesting character, at least to me.

Also, Karen gets amnesia and forgets what fashion sense is again, Marshall dumps her for Aggie who reveals to him she actually is running away with Lisa and Sara to form a crimefighting lesbian trio. That sings.

Shoot for the moon, and all that :D
LaurenF714

Postby Papuasblya » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:05 am

Mrs. Levac, a roll of duct tape and a gallon of marmelade?
Papuasblya wrote:As a public service to this forum (and anyone else who has ever met me) I gave up avoiding looking like an idiot a long time ago.
Papuasblya

Location: A little village up the coast, quite scenic in spring...

Postby brasca » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:12 am

From this point forward Meg is out of the picture. It's not worth going after her since she's too smart, not actively involved in the IG, and will be gone by the end of the school year.

As for the current seduction plot. I think the Alliance is plotting their own counter strategy. Duane will rebuff the advances from Sam and Cyndi, but be more receptive to Charlotte since she's the one that made the video and getting a confession from her is what's most important to clearing Penny & Sara's reputation. This could go down in one of many ways. I'm thinking of some kind of Ocaen's 11 scenario at Karen's next party with members of the Alliance sneaking in to assist Duane in turning the tables like getting her drunk while he stays sober and then recording her confession. There is also the possibility that Charlotte might actually be won over which makes it all the more heart breaking for Duane to reveal that he was playing her. Since Helen knows Charlotte better than all of them she might find redemption by getting the information out of her some way.

Marshall might be in denial, but I think some of what Aggie said sank in as far as Charlotte is concerned and that might lead to a problem if she becomes the key to Karen's seduction scheme. Sooner or later her baddest tendencies are going to come out and there won't be any way of justifying them. The parties that Karen continues to throw have fewer people involved now that Stan, Helen, and Meg are gone and with an additional burden on the remainder of the IG it's possible that corners will be cut and that's when accidents happen. If Karen is using her Mom's realty homes there's the possibility that she'll get found out when her Mom springs a surprise visit for some potential buyers.

It's hard to say what the future will hold, but when the dust clears I see:

Karen being left with only her looks. Marshall is bound to break up with her when he realizes she isn't who he thought she is or maybe not. He might stick with her just to prove that he's nothing like his Mom, but the relationship will be a miserable one from then on out. As for everyone else they'll abandon her for whatever reason; the truth of the video or the parties being busted, but ultimately for all the same reasons they dumped Meg and Penny. They were only there for a good time and they'd rather be on her good side than bad. As soon as a moment of weakness emerges it's over. Unlike Penny she won't have any friends to fall back on since it's likely she dumped whatever old friends she had at her school and it's not like the remaining IG members care about her.

It would be good if Marshall did apologize to Aggie, but I'm not interested in any payback since he was right to call her out, but wrong to bring up her parents. Personally I think he was more of an idealization of hers since they didn't really have that many common interests. She only started jogging so she could be with him and aside from liking animals, and being cute and sensitive there wasn't much else. I think Aggie realizes that now. Aside from apologizing I don't see any other reason to seek her out even if things end with Karen.

Depending on how things go with proving Charlotte's allegations as a hoax she may not be around if the police get involved or if she's expelled. She might require psychiatric treatment that would remove her too. Even if she makes it through her reputation will be destroyed, but seeing as how she is an Omega that might not matter. Of course it could lead to a reversal of fortune where Helen is the new leader provided she stands up for herself and Charlotte is the docile one. Tharqa however could care less and will just go with the flow.

Sam will probably be revealed for the hypocritical racist she is which is really the most fitting thing that can happen to her, but where she goes from there is anybody's guess. As for Cyndi I think she'll land on her feet and be next year's nemesis or at the very least troublemaker. She's smarter than she looks and with Meg leaving and Karen likely to be down and out when this over they'll need a good antagonist.

Like Cyndi it's hard to say where Helen will go, but I do hope it's a change for the better. Yes she should apologize for what happened, but as far as being of service I do think she needs to be careful because being used is partly what brought her to the point in her life she now finds herself in. Providing intelligence on Charlotte would help in their efforts to get a confession, but it would be the same thing as what she was doing for Karen only now she's working for the good guys. Personally I'd like it if she just stood up for herself and moved forward regardless of popularity or having friends, but if she ends up as the new leader of the Omegas I could accept it. I could also accept a scenario where she ends up with Marshall seeing as how they both have lousy parents in common, but I imagine Aggie would find that outcome as detestable as him and Karen being together.

This idea that Aggie has for a better way to socialize is visionary, but perhaps too idealistic and it remains to be seen if it will work or if all the old underlying grudges and differences will break it up. I don't see Penny and Aggie going back to the same animosity as before, but the outcome of the Popsicle War will probably bring about a realignment that could create some new factions. I mentioned this before about whether Katy-Ann might become a nemesis for Aggie in the same fashion Karen was for Penny. Defeating the IG has become such a preoccupation it's harder to predict what the protagonists will do once they've won.

Even though Penny is probably wiser after this experience I don't think she's that ready to give up power, but she might settle for party queen after Karen is finished.

Aggie might struggle with making her dream a reality and could fall into the same traps other visionaries have. Without Marshall or any other love interest she might throw herself completely into this. It could even put her at odds with some of her long time friends.

Lisa is her anchor, but she might find some other interests or possibly a boyfriend.

Daphne and Sara might become an item and have to deal with the fallout that will still exist. Even if they prove the allegations were false Sara will still be outed and I'm not sure if Daphne has ever declared it herself.

I don't know about Fred and after T Campbell mentioned returning focus to the titular characters of the strip I don't know how much development of him or some of the other secondary characters will occur before the war arc is over or in between the next chapters.

Hopefully Michelle will get better, but I don't see her getting back together with Stan

Now I do see him and Brandi settling into some kind of relationship, but I have to wonder if his poltical career might be affected by his involvement with the IG. He mentioned running for president again after dropping out against Duane the previous year. That might put him at odds with Duane or Aggie again, but maybe he'll settle for something else as an act of contrition. I also wonder if he might not come to resent Katy-Ann for her influence on Jack like he did with Rich. If he doesn't then it will be the biggest mark of maturity.

I can see Jack and KA becoming an item, but I do wonder if having the pulpit will be the temptation she fears it might.

It should all prove very interesting.
brasca

Postby sun tzu » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:41 pm

It slightly disturbs me that so much here is stuff I don't want to see. :shock:
That said, I do want to see the Injustice Gang go down, hard.
sun tzu

Postby JerrBear » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:50 pm

What I'd like to see.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, my name is Fred. It's been ten years since that memorable day. Ten years.

I travel around a lot. Correction; we travel around a lot. The two of us, we get in a lot of adventures lately. All because of that day. Anyway, I should tell you what happened ten years ago.

Those of us who wanted to take Karen down, we had a plan. It was simple; Duane would take the bait. Penny and Aggie decided the best option was Samantha. Unoriginal, stupid, Samantha. She'd be the most likely to fall for our trap. At first, they thought Cyndi, until Daphne pointed out how smart she probably was.

It went off without any trouble. We all secretly followed Duane and Samantha to the party zone. We waited outside for his signal. It never came. We decided to go in on our own!

The rest of the details of the plan don't matter now. Because something different happened that day.

The carnage horrified us. Dead bodies everywhere, mutilated beyond recognition. The only one we recognized had on eyeglasses round and huge: Helen. However, what horrified us more was Karen naked and bloody on an altar. And fully pregnant. With a gleam of triumph in her eyes, and pieces of human flesh hanging from her lips, she laughed and the door locked behind us!

We all gasped in horror as we desperately tried to open the door, to no avail. “My plan worked,” Karen bragged.

Penny let out a snarl, “What plan!?”

Maniacal laughter echoed in the room. “The perfect plan!” she yelled, “The rape accusations, the parties, everything was part of my Xanatos Gambit to distract you from my real goal!”

Lisa gasped. “Yes, Lisa,” Karen mocked, “You're not the only one who reads tvtropes.com! Now my unborn daughter will rule the world!”

All of us cringed in horror as Karen's stomach started writhing. “Who's the Magnificent Bastard now!?” she asked, “Who's the Magnific--AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!”

Everyone of us started screaming with her when we saw the abomination crowning. It fell to the floor with a sickening plop. Then we saw the horrific baby crouch down and hiss.

The first to die was Lisa. The baby lunged at her neck and tore out her jugular. Blood sprayed all over a screaming Aggie, and before Lisa's carcass hit the floor the baby was eating Aggie's face!

That horrible day haunts my nightmares still. I remember everyone screaming and dying. I had the good sense to hide underneath the altar. The last to die was Jack, crying while cradling the decapitated head of his only love: Katy-Ann. He tried to use that head as a weapon in the end. It didn't work.

I thought for sure I was next. As the baby sniffed for me, snarling all the while, I heard the door break open. A few gunshots rang, but I could hear the baby running out of the door and some cussing. Then I saw him.

Rich offered me his hand. “We have to hurry,” he said, “The bodies are already stirring.”

I followed him to his bike, like a zombie. Over the next few years, most of humanity was wiped out by the lumbering undead. Rich taught me how to fight. He taught me how to survive.

And I taught him how to love again. I taught him how to love.

Now we hunt Karen's daughter. Her death will save us all.
Freemage wrote:Jerrbear: Thank you, for establishing once and for all, why Lesbians Are Hot. :P

Michael Ezra wrote:...Seriously, a MANNEQUIN? At this time, I can't help but recall JerrBear's words
JerrBear

Postby Fruitbat44 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:56 pm

Sloth#? wrote:1) See what Karen's school is like (I'm starting to wonder if she's homeschooled)
4) Rich returning
9) Penny's dad revealed to be Marshall's father.

Lesbian rape? No. I would not like to see that.

OTOH Lesbian rough seduction with BDSM overtones . . .
Fruitbat44

Next

Return to General Discussion