I've figured Lisa out.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Postby Mr. Cales » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:14 pm

You are all horrible, but very amusing, people. :lol:
STEP BACK! I TAKE LARGE STEPS!- Miles Gloriosus
Mr. Cales

Postby dianekikiula » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:57 pm

Found it. Credit goes to Evil Ben.

Evil Ben wrote:Diane, <snip> You rock, you librarian, you :D
Alice Macher wrote:...I love you. ♥
Freemage wrote:Best. Euphemism. Ever.
dianekikiula

Postby Michael Ezra » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:09 pm

I'm glad to see people are trawling for past classics from the forum, be it Evil Ben's mash-up or Paps's fanfics. Truly the Tea Room has a rich cultural history.
Michael Ezra

Postby dianekikiula » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:47 pm

Michael Ezra wrote:I'm glad to see people are trawling for past classics from the forum, be it Evil Ben's mash-up or Paps's fanfics. Truly the Tea Room has a rich cultural history.

I'm a librarian. I naturally trawl. :wink:

Wait, WHAT??? Paps wrote fanfic?? Must see!
dianekikiula

Postby Mr. Cales » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:32 pm

The Tea Room is its own culture, and its culture is both endlessly amusing and kind of terrifying. Usually at the same time.

The Tea Room flag should be a smiley face with fifteen eyeballs.
STEP BACK! I TAKE LARGE STEPS!- Miles Gloriosus
Mr. Cales

Postby Stratburst » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:28 pm

Michael Ezra wrote:I'm glad to see people are trawling for past classics from the forum, be it Evil Ben's mash-up or Paps's fanfics. Truly the Tea Room has a rich cultural history.

Actually, that was myself, along with JerrBear, Paps and Evil Ben with one or two others in there as well. I think the first one got lost in a reshuffle, but the 2nd should be around here somewhere.

I was kinda proud of the premise for the 2nd fanfic: Jack getting chased around the school by a satanic Chihuahua. :lol:

Anyone interested in a 3rd (or 4th) round? :D
Papuasblya wrote:Oh, Stratty, you made me get my heart meds re-calibrated...
Stratburst

Postby Scrivener » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:39 pm

I am never going to look at Lisa the same way again. :shock:
Scrivener

Postby Evil Ben » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:38 am

Diane,

Thank you for finding that!!!! That brought me outta my depression from Oregon State losing the Civil War last night to Oregon.
You rock, you librarian, you :D
"It does what it's told." ~Peggy Dodson
Evil Ben

Postby dianekikiula » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:48 pm

Evil Ben wrote:Diane,

Thank you for finding that!!!! That brought me outta my depression from Oregon State losing the Civil War last night to Oregon.
You rock, you librarian, you :D

:D :D :D
*updates her signature*
dianekikiula

Postby Michael Ezra » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:00 pm

Librarians really do rock. I know. I've been one. And would give my right arm for the chance to be one (in a permanent, full-time, non-mat-leave position) again someday. Rather than a clerk or temp or, like now, unemployed. *goes off in a corner to cry*

Edit: Okay, [/self-pity], Michael. No one wants to see that here.
Michael Ezra

Postby dianekikiula » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:53 pm

Michael Ezra wrote:Librarians really do rock. I know. I've been one. And would give my right arm for the chance to be one (in a permanent, full-time, non-mat-leave position) again someday. Rather than a clerk or temp or, like now, unemployed. *goes off in a corner to cry*

Edit: Okay, [/self-pity], Michael. No one wants to see that here.

Aww, Michael. I know what you mean. :( We had a staff meeting about cuts today.
dianekikiula

Postby NobodySpecial » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:58 pm

Figured I'd stick this here, since it doesn't really deserve it's own post.

The sky was that color of bright blue that winter day that seems to leach the color out of buildings, making them all a dirty brown or an elephant gray. Bellville High was no exception to the rule, so Aggie looked like a hobbit leaving a particularly imposing hillside, Lisa in tow.

"...Can't believe she asked you about that." Lisa was saying. "Maybe you should have told her about the mannequin.."

Aggie snorted, then revealed her lopsided grin. "Well, you can't blame her, can you? Between Sara spreading rumors this year and then me and Penny burying the hatchet plus everything else, it shouldn't be a surprise..."

"What's 'everything else'? I mean, Marshall IS pretty girly, but.." was Lisa's quick rejoinder. She stopped herself as she saw the grin fade. "Still a sore subject?"

"No, it's not that. It's just, come on, you're my best friend. You know me better than all of them. Put it all together."

Lisa looked genuinely confused.

"Virtually all of my friends are gay or bi. With the exception of Penny, that is. All my dating efforts have pretty much crashed and burned, right? And it's not like the dating pool here was really big to begin with."

Lisa was still behind. "So what?"

"Plus, I've been having weird dreams. You know, the kind where I think about...other people."

The smile slowly formed on Lisa's face as she leaned closer. "But - movie night."

"Yeah, I was pretty freaked." Aggie's voice was almost too soft to hear. "But I've been thinking since then. I'm not sure I was ready at that point for ANYONE to make a move on me, let alone my best friend. But I started thinknig about a lot of things. Like how I've had one date in all of high school. If I want feelings of, you know, someone to hold me, I've gotta make a move soon."

"So, you're gonna make that move?" Closer.

"Yeah. Yeah, I think I'm gonna make that move."

Lisa closed her eyes. Moved closer. Opened them wide at the beeping of Aggie's cell phone as she dialed. "Wha - "

Aggie's grin had returned as she held the receiver to her ear. "Hi, Omar?"
NobodySpecial

Postby Michael Ezra » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:02 pm

dianekikiula wrote:Aww, Michael. I know what you mean. :( We had a staff meeting about cuts today.

Thanks, Diane. Hope you're feeling better healthwise, BTW.
Michael Ezra

Postby CJ » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:33 pm

Michael Ezra wrote:Yeah, I'd also picked up on the crying as atypical for Lisa and therefore significant. In fact, a few days or so before that strip appeared I posted a fanfic, my only serious (and remotely plausible) one so far, which included the following sentence: "Lisa didn't cry, as far as Aggie knew, but her voice wavered noticeably, scaring her a bit." So I was pleasantly surprised, and moved, to see her getting teary in canon.

I'm sorry, but...what strip is this? I really don't recall Lisa crying and I'm sifting through the archives looking for it.
Alice Macher wrote:CJ gets a shiny, gold-plated Internet and a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

Hexr wrote:I think I'm in love with you, CJ. Hope you don't mind.
CJ

Postby Michael Ezra » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:37 pm

CJ wrote:I'm sorry, but...what strip is this? I really don't recall Lisa crying and I'm sifting through the archives looking for it.

More sniffling than out-and-out weeping, but close enough.
Michael Ezra

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion