[2-28-11] I am WAY smexier than Penny.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Postby showler » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:25 pm

I've gotta admit there's a tiny portion of me that is disappointed that Aggie seems to be more comfortable with the idea than wanting to jump on Penny like a starving woman on the last Curly Wurly in the corner shop.

But, it's probably way better for the story.

Kamino Neko wrote:I'm more interested in the Secret Six tee than the poster....
Nearly on this subject, can the world really be saved by not using the letter E?

Should that hav said "can th world rally b savd by not using th lttr ?"
Last edited by showler on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
showler

Postby Alice Macher » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:25 pm

Huh. Interesting that Aggie felt comfortable telling someone else about the kiss this soon. I guess she figures that since it was Lisa who'd suggested it in the first place, during the "Switch" game...yeah.

We've seen Aggie laugh before, but never this hard or this sustained. Perhaps this is a holdover from the "not until later" panic she mentions in the first panel. That, plus the "Safe? Safe??" reaction, suggests that (with reference to showler's comment just above), Aggie's more in a tizzy about this than she's letting on.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby retrophrenologist » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Alice Macher wrote:Huh. Interesting that Aggie felt comfortable telling someone else about the kiss this soon.

Is it 'this soon'? This is the 'June' chapter, and the kiss happened in 'May'. It's most likely been a few days, at least.
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby Mec » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:37 pm

"It felt ... right".

Yes. Come to the right side, Aggie! Surrender to your Meghan McCain fantasies!
Mec

Postby Alice Macher » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:38 pm

retrophrenologist wrote:Is it 'this soon'? This is the 'June' chapter, and the kiss happened in 'May'. It's most likely been a few days, at least.

True, but considering how secretive some of these characters seem to be, it's still a sufficient value of "soon."

(Whut, Alice? Teenagers being secretive? Duh-huhreally? :P)

Also, I think Lisa needs someone to tickle her toes to make her feel better. *volunteers*
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby memento » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:41 pm

Mec wrote:"It felt ... right".

Yes. Come to the right side, Aggie! Surrender to your Meghan McCain fantasies!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Holy crap that was freaking funny.
memento

Postby Arky » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Yeah, um, Lisa, kissing Penny and thus tipping over her sexuality and potentially completely screwing up their friendship (and friendships with others) was so very very safe. :roll: Lisa usually reads Aggie very well but I think she's got a blind spot here (or is just a bit put out that Aggie is sexually attracted to Penny but not to her). At least from Aggie's point of view, kissing Penny back probably took more courage than anything else she's ever done in her life.
Arky

Postby undefinedlust » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:45 pm

Seems she really is dealing with the situation pretty well. First we see the Shoju sparkles of doom as she talks about the kiss, then she says it felt right twice. The second time she said it was notably after she admitted panicking a bit after the kiss. The second "It felt right" sounds like a an expression of "hey I thought about it a lot/freaked out/etc, and I'll be damned if it didn't still feel right."

And of course annoyed Lisa iz annoyed... and adorable!
I cannot guarantee I was sober at the time of posting this.
undefinedlust

Postby Mr. Brightside » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:55 pm

Still waiting for Lisa to make the obvious T. Rex/Guns 'n' Roses crack, that I've made 3-4 times already, and hence T won't make.

That and my earlier comment aside, I really am surprised "wine cooler" Lisa isn't revelling in this, and Aggie is so quick to confess. Then again, if she were to confess, it would be to Lisa, who doesn't really believe in the gay/straight/bi trinary.
Last edited by Mr. Brightside on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Brightside

Postby Arky » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:59 pm

Mr. Brightside wrote:Still waiting for Lisa to make the obvious T. Rex/Guns 'n' Roses crack, that I've made 3-4 times already, and hence T won't make.

I'm trying to think what this is. "Take her down to your paradise city, welcome her to your jungle and get it on, 20th century girl?"
Arky

Postby Mr. Brightside » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:02 pm

Arky wrote:
Mr. Brightside wrote:Still waiting for Lisa to make the obvious T. Rex/Guns 'n' Roses crack, that I've made 3-4 times already, and hence T won't make.

I'm trying to think what this is. "Take her down to your paradise city, welcome her to your jungle and get it on, 20th century girl?"

Think I've said it before.

Google "Buick MacKane."
Last edited by Mr. Brightside on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Brightside

Postby herring » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:02 pm

Poor Lisa, being the clown means your never taken "srsly". She should probably look at the difference in situation as well: a sudden attack in front of others vs dropping hints all evening then waiting for a moment alone can make all the difference.

But what we really need to see now is the Penny reaction. Will she talk about it as openly with her friends? And if not, how will she take Aggie's kiss and tell?

Tune in next wednesday, same time, same url...
I know more about soap than Brad Pitt and Edward Norton put together.
herring

Postby Pink Freud » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:08 pm

Ok yeah, the "safe" line is perplexing me, too.
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby tisseur_de_reves » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:08 pm

First post ever here, I finally gave in to the temptation... :)

A general comment on this "penny-aggish kissy kissy nom nom" situation : I've been expecting it for a loooooong time now.
I seem to recall there was a strip (coulld not find it this morning. Oh well, I was planning to reread the entire comic anyway) where we saw the two girls, now grownups, dwelling on the past, while Ag was giving Penny a foot massage (or the contrary, memory does not serve well, especially at 5 am). I could not help thinking it was not a mere fantasy, but maybe a glimpse of the actual future, where Penny & Aggie are actually in love with each other. Not the sugary type, like we've seen in the last 3 panels, but more of a spicy one, along with all kind of banter we know the girls are capable of.

Might it be that we're seeing the premises of what will become a steady relationship ?
Take two steps north into the unsettled future, south into the unquiet past, east into the present day, or west into the great unknown.
tisseur_de_reves

Postby NobodySpecial » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:09 pm

Alice Macher wrote:Huh. Interesting that Aggie felt comfortable telling someone else about the kiss this soon. I guess she figures that since it was Lisa who'd suggested it in the first place, during the "Switch" game...yeah.

We've seen Aggie laugh before, but never this hard or this sustained. Perhaps this is a holdover from the "not until later" panic she mentions in the first panel. That, plus the "Safe? Safe??" reaction, suggests that (with reference to showler's comment just above), Aggie's more in a tizzy about this than she's letting on.

Yeah, her laughter seems to have a...hysterical edge to it.

Of course, Lisa is the most logical person for her to talk about it with, she's

a) Her best friend
b) Pansexual and comfortable with it
c) Pretty nonjudgmental about either Aggie OR Penny.

I also when seeing Aggie's reaction to the word 'Safe?' flash back to Jim Mora saying the word 'Playoffs?'
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll
NobodySpecial

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion