[2-28-11] I am WAY smexier than Penny.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Postby NobodySpecial » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:11 pm

tisseur_de_reves wrote:First post ever here, I finally gave in to the temptation... :)

A general comment on this "penny-aggish kissy kissy nom nom" situation : I've been expecting it for a loooooong time now.
I seem to recall there was a strip (coulld not find it this morning. Oh well, I was planning to reread the entire comic anyway) where we saw the two girls, now grownups, dwelling on the past, while Ag was giving Penny a foot massage (or the contrary, memory does not serve well, especially at 5 am). I could not help thinking it was not a mere fantasy, but maybe a glimpse of the actual future, where Penny & Aggie are actually in love with each other. Not the sugary type, like we've seen in the last 3 panels, but more of a spicy one, along with all kind of banter we know the girls are capable of.

Might it be that we're seeing the premises of what will become a steady relationship ?

That was from '2020 Pennies', and it was a potential future/dream sequence.
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll
NobodySpecial

Postby darklion » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:16 pm

[reminisce]

Hah. I laughed like that after my first kiss. I had just started making out with my girlfriend on a futon in the living room of her apartment ~midnight with the lights off, when her roommate walked in on us after a night out. Our immediate reaction was to try and make it look like we were sleeping, but that failed, and she took one look at us and sighed in resignation. After she'd gone to her room I started laughing hysterically, mainly because it is SO cliche to be walked in on like that, but also because yeah it was my first kiss and I was flying. Her reaction to my lengthy laughing spell was something along the lines of "Okay okay, srsly now..."

That's coming up on six years ago and I am still dating the same girl. Coincidentally, her name happens to be Lisa.

Yeah, I totally get how Aggie's feeling. :D

[/reminisce]
darklion

Postby ecuadorianeyezz » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:17 pm

OMIGUH I am NOT seeing the update x_x

EDIT: Just kidding....I got it. ^_^; (Womp woooomp)

Really, Lisa..."smexier"? lol...

I'm glad to see Aggie not going ballistic over it. I wonder of Lisa'a annoyance though, because it IS genuine...Hmm? A bit jealous maybe? Or am I reading too much into it
Last edited by ecuadorianeyezz on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INTELLIGENCE PLUS CHARACTER --- THAT IS THE TRUE GOAL OF EDUCATION
ecuadorianeyezz

Postby memento » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:18 pm

Now I'm really excited to see the "panic" that Aggie had.

Also, I am blown away by how goddamn cute this strip is, especially Aggie in the second panel and Lisa in the fourth.
memento

Postby Alice Macher » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:19 pm

darklion wrote:[reminisce]

D'awww. ♥♥♥ :D
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby darklion » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:23 pm

ecuadorianeyezz wrote:OMIGUH I am NOT seeing the update x_x

EDIT: Just kidding....I got it. ^_^; (Womp woooomp)

Really, Lisa..."smexier"? lol...

I'm glad to see Aggie not going ballistic over it. I wonder of Lisa'a annoyance though, because it IS genuine...Hmm? A bit jealous maybe? Or am I reading too much into it

*Womp woooomp*
darklion

Postby CEOIII » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:26 pm

I have a few theories about the "safe" thing.

a) Like it or not, "coming out", in this day and age, even in this comic, is anything but "safe". I don't think it'll cost either girl any friends, but it's still not entirely safe.
b) These two have spent 1000+ strips at each other's throats, telling everyone "OMG WERE IN LUV SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE" is going to look a little.........I'm gonna say "odd", but that's not a good word.
c) When it comes to relationships, "safe" is a 4 letter word you shouldn't say out loud until the pastor says, "You may kiss the bride", and even then, you're rolling the dice.

Just a few thoughts.

What's on their respective shirts? Aggie's looks like "LUV BRN", and is that a Warhammer 40K symbol on Lisa's? She doesn't look like the mini collecting type.
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.
CEOIII

Postby darklion » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:28 pm

Oh, and before I forget, Beatles ftw. 8)
darklion

Postby greenglowinggoo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:41 pm

I can never tell if Lisa is joking or actually showing genuine emotion. She is like a humor-android. Lisa-bot 6000. With 37.38474895% more funny than the 5000 models.
greenglowinggoo

Postby Mr. Brightside » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:47 pm

Can't help but notice that the "congratulations" poster has once again been replaced by the Footloose poster from before the Agenny bidding war.

That's all I meant to say.
Last edited by Mr. Brightside on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Brightside

Postby istatalnara » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:48 pm

What does Aggies shirt mean?
istatalnara

Postby Pink Freud » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:54 pm

Mr. Brightside wrote:Can't help but notice the previous ad (by someone very, very lesbian, to the point that I'm wondering what will go wrong in the boy eating out the girl that introduces the new comic) is once again being supplanted by (the only slightly lesbian, to the point that even though their main character is patently attracted to a woman {who was for most of their knowledge of one another disguised as a man} I do not wish to speculate, hypotheses non figo, about the both-female authors, and if it seems like I'm implying anything, fuck you and, to be honest, fuck me) has been replaced.

what
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby darklion » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:54 pm

Mr. Brightside wrote:Can't help but notice the previous ad (by someone very, very lesbian, to the point that I'm wondering what will go wrong in the boy eating out the girl that introduces the new comic) is once again being supplanted by (the only slightly lesbian, to the point that even though their main character is patently attracted to a woman {who was for most of their knowledge of one another disguised as a man} I do not wish to speculate, hypotheses non figo, about the both-female authors, and if it seems like I'm implying anything, fuck you and, to be honest, fuck me) has been replaced.

wat
darklion

Postby dianekikiula » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:00 am

I'm reading Aggie's shirt as "LIV GRN" or in real terms, "Live green" - which makes perfect sense for her to be wearing.
Evil Ben wrote:Diane, <snip> You rock, you librarian, you :D
Alice Macher wrote:...I love you. ♥
Freemage wrote:Best. Euphemism. Ever.
dianekikiula

Postby Mr. Brightside » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:01 am

No one having replied, I have deleted a further mad post, referencing Ally and Em's excellent comic (please read, do not judge by my madness, please read) Footloose (almost typed "Foodloose," which is funny for reasons I won't go into); please respond.

My mad post to which others have responded, albeit tersely, I will respond soon.
Last edited by Mr. Brightside on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Brightside

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion