[2-28-11] I am WAY smexier than Penny.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Postby Mr. Brightside » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:04 am

(Double post; thought I'd deleted first version, but since that's the one people responded to, that's the one I'll leave.)
Last edited by Mr. Brightside on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Brightside

Postby Pink Freud » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:05 am

Mr. Brightside wrote:No one having replied, I have deleted a further mad post, referencing Ally and Em's excellent comic (please read, do not judge by my madness, please read) Footloose (almost typed "Foodloose," which is funny for reasons I won't go into); please respond.

My mad post to which others have responded, albeit tersely, I will respond soon.

Heyyyy...wait a minute. You're the Devil, aren't you?
Last edited by Pink Freud on Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby Mec » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:09 am

I think Lisa is a little jealous. Not because Aggie kissed a girl and it felt right, but because Penny's the avatar of a lot of qualities that Lisa stands against. Lisa didn't lose out to someone alt-ier, she lost out to someone from the establishment. Hence the "mortal enemy" line.
Mec

Postby flintyoungblood » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:15 am

Yes! this is perfect! Now if we can get a reaction shot from Penny talking this over with Sara (preferably with Sara desperately trying not to scream "Told you so!" at the top of her lungs) this will round everything out nicely. After that by all means lets see what the supporting stars are up to.
flintyoungblood

Postby Harkel Tu » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:17 am

ecuadorianeyezz wrote:OMIGUH I am NOT seeing the update x_x

Had this problem myself with the big kiss page >_<

ecuadorianeyezz wrote:EDIT: Just kidding....I got it. ^_^; (Womp woooomp)

Really, Lisa..."smexier"? lol...

I'm glad to see Aggie not going ballistic over it. I wonder of Lisa'a annoyance though, because it IS genuine...Hmm? A bit jealous maybe? Or am I reading too much into it

I wouldn't say 'reading too much'... you've gotta look around this forum for a bit. 'reading into things' is a competitive sport here xD
P.S. what does your name mean?
I reject your rejection, and replicate my own!

From my personal experience, I find that even criticism and insults are far more preferable than a denial of existence.
Harkel Tu

Postby greenglowinggoo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:22 am

Mr. Brightside wrote:Can't help but notice the previous ad (by someone very, very lesbian, to the point that I'm wondering what will go wrong in the boy eating out the girl that introduces the new comic) is once again being supplanted by (the only slightly lesbian, to the point that even though their main character is patently attracted to a woman {who was for most of their knowledge of one another disguised as a man} I do not wish to speculate, hypotheses non figo, about the both-female authors, and if it seems like I'm implying anything, fuck you and, to be honest, fuck me) has been replaced.

I'm not sure what you're saying. If you take out the parentheses, you have "Can't help but notice the previous ad is once again being supplanted by has been replaced."

I'm not sure what you're saying in the parentheses either, but that's neither here nor there.
greenglowinggoo

Postby Harkel Tu » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:23 am

flintyoungblood wrote:Yes! this is perfect! Now if we can get a reaction shot from Penny talking this over with Sara (preferably with Sara desperately trying not to scream "Told you so!" at the top of her lungs) this will round everything out nicely. After that by all means lets see what the supporting stars are up to.

then after this we get the cliche* page where it shows both penny and aggie at the same time continuing each other's sentences from completely different places without knowing it, culminating in the panel where they say the exact same thing at the exact same time xD

* my stupid lap top won't let me put the ` above the e. ¬_¬
I reject your rejection, and replicate my own!

From my personal experience, I find that even criticism and insults are far more preferable than a denial of existence.
Harkel Tu

Postby Ollie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:24 am

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the dialogue in thi spage...
Ollie

Postby Mr. Brightside » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:41 am

Ollie wrote:I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the dialogue in thi spage...

Might as well be helpful.

"Kissing Penny felt... right."
"Unlike the prospect of kissing me. Therefore, I infer that Penny squicks you less than I do, since I'm more lesbonic."
"HA HA HA."
"Stop laughing. Stop. Stop laughing. Okay. You're attracted to Penny."
"HA HA HA."
"Okay, really, stop laughing."
Mr. Brightside

Postby Ollie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:44 am

That does help. :)
Ollie

Postby glandy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:47 am

Mr. Brightside wrote:
Ollie wrote:I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the dialogue in thi spage...

Might as well be helpful.

"Kissing Penny felt... right."
"Unlike the prospect of kissing me. Therefore, I infer that Penny squicks you less than I do, since I'm more lesbonic."
"HA HA HA."
"Stop laughing. Stop. Stop laughing. Okay. You're attracted to Penny."
"HA HA HA."
"Okay, really, stop laughing."

The laughter seems a little "THEY ALL SAID I WAS MAD BUT NOW I'VE DONE IT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!" to me.

If I was Lisa I think I'd have just whacked her with a pillow.
glandy

Postby Ray Radlein » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:00 am

NobodySpecial wrote:
I also when seeing Aggie's reaction to the word 'Safe?' flash back to Jim Mora saying the word 'Playoffs?'

YOU PLAY... TO WIN... THE GAME!
Ray Radlein

Postby undefinedlust » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:05 am

greenglowinggoo wrote:
Mr. Brightside wrote:Can't help but notice the previous ad (by someone very, very lesbian, to the point that I'm wondering what will go wrong in the boy eating out the girl that introduces the new comic) is once again being supplanted by (the only slightly lesbian, to the point that even though their main character is patently attracted to a woman {who was for most of their knowledge of one another disguised as a man} I do not wish to speculate, hypotheses non figo, about the both-female authors, and if it seems like I'm implying anything, fuck you and, to be honest, fuck me) has been replaced.

I'm not sure what you're saying. If you take out the parentheses, you have "Can't help but notice the previous ad is once again being supplanted by has been replaced."

I'm not sure what you're saying in the parentheses either, but that's neither here nor there.

Meaty Yogurt by Megan Gedris reference
I cannot guarantee I was sober at the time of posting this.
undefinedlust

Postby Spudnuts » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:11 am

I think Lisa sees herself as a bigger "threat" to Aggie due to Aggie feeling that kissing her would not feel right. What she's not seeing is that not only does Aggie find Penny attractive, Aggie is in love with Penny. Kissing Lisa would be a lark, something done for fun (and some good old fashioned toe curling), but kissing Penny is serious (for lack of a better word). Penny is more dangerous because Aggie has a lot more to lose.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together" - Carl Sagan
Spudnuts

Postby Spudnuts » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:14 am

undefinedlust wrote:Meaty Yogurt by Megan Gedris reference

<Threadjack>
Love your avatar. (Don't be shy, Daria. Show me your boobs.)
</Threadjack>
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together" - Carl Sagan
Spudnuts

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion